“No road is long with good company.”
- Getting busy often enough to satisfy you both is key. If you’re feeling so-so about your bedroom romps, it might be time for a change. One idea: try having sex in a room or area you’ve never done it in.
- When there is conflict make sure you calm yourselves by taking time out when emotions are high, and coming back to the discussion later.
- Nonsexual touching like hugging or handholding is just as important as sex itself in keeping your relationship healthy. “Touching is probably the most definitive way to let other people know you’re in a relationship,'”
- When mistakes are made, make sure you both work to repair the damage.
- Be there to support your partner in times of difficulty, and encourage him or her in work, friendships and leisure activities.
- Grand gestures aren’t the only way to express your love. Something as simple as brewing your partner a cup of coffee in the morning helps improve your relationship.
- Have a ‘team mentality’. When there are difficulties, talk about what ‘we’ need to do about it.
- Have high standards for your relationship, and stick to them yourself.
- Keep your sense of humor, and make sure you have fun.